Even though you don’t feel like yourself right now, you aren’t broken. And you aren’t weak or crazy either. You are human.
I know you are probably the person that people go to when they need help. But it ok to ask for what you need. And it’s ok to receive support, not just during stressful times but anytime.
Counseling is not a place where you or your experiences will be judged. Instead, going to counseling is an act of self-love. By creating the space to invest in yourself, you are investing in the life you desire to create.
Welcome, I’m Marci Payne, a Licensed Professional Counselor in Missouri
I help you create a space where you feel heard both inside and out.
I witness the challenges you are facing. And I reflect your strengths to you.
And together, we illuminate the places you feel stuck. By shining light on the ways that you get in your own way and the patterns that hold you back.
I guide you to access your own wisdom and truth. So, you find your way back to yourself.
And once again, you feel empowered to create and lead a life that is more aligned with what matters to you. By doing only your part to create more fulfilling relationships that support you instead of drain you.
What is my special blend of therapy skills?
I support ambitious adults in individual therapy to heal perfectionism, people-pleasing, and past hurts, so you are free to be fully YOU.
I help you get out of your mind and into your body and heart. So you can heal those parts of you that have been protecting you for so long by demanding that you be someone without flaws or someone that must hold others’ expectations. And see the truth that you are already whole.
If this resonates with you, then let’s have a conversation about working together. I invite you to schedule a free, 15-minute, initial phone call with me. Together, we will decide if I am the best therapist to help you go from feeling lost and self-critical to knowing that you are whole, wise, and loved from within.
Want to know more about my education and counseling experience?
- I have a Bachelor’s in Psychology from University 0f MO-Columbia (1995) and a Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Eastern Illinois University (1997)
- I have been working in the mental health field for over 20 years. During this time, I’ve provided counseling for children, teens, adults, families, groups, and couples.
- I have 6 years of post-graduate training in Bowen Family Systems Theory (2010-2016).
- I have completed 17 hours of training in Discernment Counseling (2018).
- I have completed 20 hours of Life Coach training at ILCT (2018).
- I have completed 24 hours of training in “Mindful Self-Compassion” (2020).
- I have completed 26 hours of training in “Transforming Self-Bullying + Self-Sabotaging Habits into Self-Loving Actions” (2019-2020) and 24 hours of training in “Self-Love Essentials” (2021) at the Path of Self-Love.
- I have completed 25 hours of training in “Integrative Somatic Parts Work” (2022).
If you have more questions about counseling, feel free to check out the FAQs and Fee pages. And to have a conversation about what it would be like to work together, schedule your free 15-minute phone consult here.
I’ve Been Featured In
*Note: Marci is a therapist based in Lee’s Summit who provides self-love therapy and online counseling for adults who live in Missouri. I provide individual therapy for high-achieving men and women from all over the state (including Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Columbia, Blue Springs, and beyond).